Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Salvadore Dali melting clocks

 Salvadore Dali melting clocks

w.a.l.t: Draw and paint inspired by Salvador Dali



This week we drew melting clocks in the style of Salvadore Dali, if you don't know who Salvadore Dali is well Salvadore Dali, born in 1939, made paintings, sculptures, and films about the dreams he had. He painted melting clocks and floating eyes, clouds that looked like faces, and rocks that looked like bodies. He died very wealthily at age 84 from heart failure in 1989. Now that you know a little about him here is my drawing.




This is my attempt at recreating A melting clock from Salvadore Dali's paintings, I personally hate this drawing, the clock looks like it has been cut in half, the shading is bad and it looks overall muddy, I think if I made the clock bigger and made the shading less muddy It could have turned out a lot better. On a positive note, I like how the dripping looks and it still looks like a clock.


First I drew a straight line and then a vertical line, then I drew a melting shape on the straight line, I drew sketched on the numbers and then shaded it in, thus creating my…” masterpiece”.


Do you think you can do it?


No comments:

Post a Comment